Overhaul the traditional way to serve caprese salad and create delightful mini towers to add an element of surprise to this simple antipasto dish. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL (IT’S FREEEEEE 😉 http://bit.ly/SubscribetoVP
Share it with your best friends on FACEBOOK
Get the recipe: http://bit.ly/CapreseSaladRecipe
Check out my website for full #recipes and to follow my blog: http://bit.ly/vincenzosplate
CAPRESE SALAD RECIPE
Fresh tomatoes (number depends on how many serves required)
Fresh balls of mozzarella
Fresh basil leaves
Italian mixed dried herbs
Extra virgin olive oil
1 x sharp knife
1 x large round white flat serving plate
1. Cut out the dark part of the tomato by carving a small hole at the top.
2. Then, cut the tomato into slices, approx. 1cm wide.
3. Slice the mozzarella and try to keep them the same width also.
4. Put the largest slice of tomato at the bottom, creating your first layer.
5. Add a sprinkle of salt, dried herbs and a few light drops of extra virgin olive oil.
6. Add a slice of mozzarella on top of the tomato and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
7. Repeat steps 4-7 using a smaller slice of tomato each time (in the order they were cut in)
VINCENZO’S TIP: It’s like putting a tomato back together again! If you use slices that are too big or too small, it won’t look as nice and might end up more like the leaning tower of Pisa!
8. Finish the caprese with the top of the tomato and fill the hole with fresh basil leaves.
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
Subscribe to my #YouTube channel! http://bit.ly/SubscribetoVP
Follow me on:
Instagram @vincenzosplate http://bit.ly/VPinstagram
Tweet me! @vincenzosplate http://bit.ly/VPTwitter
Also join this Incredible Google+ community:
“Italian Style Food Revolution” http://bit.ly/Italianstylefoodrevolution
COOKING WITH MY FAMILY PLAYLIST: http://bit.ly/cookingwithmyfamily
ANTIPASTO RECIPES PLAYLIST: http://bit.ly/antipastorecipesplaylist
PASTA RECIPES PLAYLIST: http://bit.ly/pastarecipesplaylist
PIZZA RECIPES PLAYLIST: http://bit.ly/pizzarecipesplaylist
MAIN COURSE RECIPES PLAYLIST: http://bit.ly/maincourseplaylist
DESSERT RECIPES PLAYLIST: http://bit.ly/dessertrecipesplaylist
ITALIAN BBQ RECIPES PLAYLIST: http://bit.ly/bbqrecipesplaylist
ITALIAN COCKTAILS PLAYLIST: http://bit.ly/italiancokctailsplaylist
Video Edited by Roberto Morelli
Music: Courtesy of Audio Network http://www.audionetwork.com
Vincenzo’s Plate is a You Tube channel with a focus on cooking, determined to teach the world, one video recipe at a time that you don’t need to be a professional chef to impress friends, family and yourself with mouth-watering Italian Food Recipes right out of your very own kitchen, whilst having a laugh (and a glass of vino!).
Re Watch the Caprese Salad video recipe: https://youtu.be/_pnJcVPOzpc
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.